I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father but by me. ~Jesus

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Lukewarm Christian Bands

I always find it hard to understand when a music group are thought of to be Christians and they keep extra quiet about Jesus, both lyrically, during interviews and on their social networking sites. In other words, it is incredibly difficult to find out if they have any inkling of belief when checking multiple sources. If music is such a large part of their life (and it has to be if they're touring, etc..) then why not make mention of the one that has the power to change your life and save your soul? Could it be that they are told not to say anything about their Lord and Master Jesus by record companies and management? If so, what a prison. Is it not cool to talk about Jesus? Well, you should know the answer to that. To the world it's not cool at all to talk about Jesus. But to those that are called it is the power to save. These are good possible reasons, but I think it could be because of lukewarmness as well. Lukewarm means you're walking the fence. You believed the Gospel message and want Jesus, but you also want the things of this world just as much. In Revelation 3 it is written,

I know everything you have done, and you are not cold or hot. I wish you were either one or the other. But since you are lukewarm and neither cold nor hot, I will spit you out of my mouth. You claim to be rich and successful and to have everything you need. But you don't know how bad off you really are. You are pitiful, poor, blind, and naked.  Buy your gold from me. It has been refined in a fire, and it will make you rich. Buy white clothes from me. Wear them and you can cover up your shameful nakedness. Buy medicine for your eyes, so you will be able to see. I correct and punish everyone I love. So make up your minds to turn away from your sins. Listen! I am standing and knocking at your door. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in and we will eat together. Everyone who wins the victory will sit with me on my throne, just as I won the victory and sat with my Father on his throne. If you have ears, listen to what the Spirit says to the churches.


My hope is that everyone that reads this can pray for bands that are lukewarm. I am sure that it is very hard to be a band in this world and stay on fire for Jesus. After all, I believe a large part of that relationship is cultivated in solitude.. in prayer. How often do musicians get to find that quiet place? Pray for them! That is the one, best thing you can do for them. They need it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment