I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father but by me. ~Jesus

Monday, April 30, 2012

The Psalm of the Addict

A while back I ran into two guys that were out in a parking lot selling baked bread to raise money for Victory Life Men's Home out of Dallas, Texas. I didn't buy anything, but I had the chance to talk to one of the guys and I must say it was riveting. You could tell that he had been through a lot! But, because of Christ's love, he had a peace, joy and new life about him that was very unusual. It's amazing what Christ can do for anyone. He left me with this flyer that had this Psalm on it. I immediately related because, I too used to be a drug addict. This one is about heroin.

The Psalm of the Addict
 
An unknown heroin addict lost in the dream world of heroin, wrote the following:

"King Heroin is my shepherd, I shall always want.

He maketh me to lie down in the gutters.
He leadeth me besides the trouble waters.

He destroyeth my soul. He leadeth me in
the paths of wickedness for his name sake.

Yea I shall walk through the valley of poverty, 
I will fear all evil; for thou Heroin art with me;
the needle and the capsule try to comfort me.

Thou strippest my Table of Dignity in the presence 
of my family. Thou robbest my head of reason.
My cup of sorrow runneth over.

Surely Heroin addiction shall stalk me all the days of my life:
And I will dwell in the House of the Damned forever!"


If you find yourself in this situation, or know someone who is, there is always hope while you are still alive. Cry out to Jesus and when he sends help, GO! Don't put it off. I know plenty of people that were not as fortunate as me. They just ran out of time! Don't put it off another day. Get help. If you need prayer, email me at coryenderby@gmail.com. Either my wife or I will pray for you. On the flyer, there was also a number listed to their 24 hour HOTLINE. The number is:  214-826-4404. If you are calling outside of the US dial 001-1*-214-826-4404.

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment