I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father but by me. ~Jesus

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christian To Secular Music Comparison List

Ok, so I finally broke down and did it. After all this time of basically deceiving myself that Christian music is so unique that it doesn't sound similar to ANYONE, I decided to put out a comparison list because the basic fact is, it does. With that said, these comparisons, by no means mean that these Christian bands sound EXACTLY like the secular bands listed. Many of these Christian artists sound very unique and some only remotely similar to what's listed. But by listening, you will clearly see the influences. We all have a testimony, and as music lovers, we probably loved the music of the world first before we finally surrendered our lives to Christ and started integrating more Christian music into our lives. At least I did. Here is a list of some that I have found to be similar.












5 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Enjoying your blog - thanks. I find that Demon Hunter sounds immensely like Metallica. Thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you liked it. My Metallica days ended at And Justice For All. From what I know, their sound has changed immensely since: Ride The Lightning, Master Of Puppets, Garage Days, etc... My opinion is that Demonhunter really sounds unique. I am not sure who they sound like. It's almost like an alternative numetal vibe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello..

    I have enjoyed reading your blog.. I am passionate about Jesus and music.. every once in awhile I like to discover new bands.. and this happens to be the place to do that :) Do you know any Christian bands that sound like Godsmack, by any chance??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.. I really appreciate it! As far as Godsmack-like Christian bands go, I don't know of any that really that sound like them. To me they fall in the tribal, hard rock/metal and post-grunge category and they are unique in their own right. I will say that Sully is a practicing Wiccan. Perhaps some of his ideas come from Satan himself. You might check out Bone Prophet, Everdown, Faithbomb, Setting Fires, Forevertree (early stuff), Wish For Eden, Stir, and Sometime Sunday. God bless!!!

      Delete