I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father but by me. ~Jesus

Monday, June 17, 2013

Holiness > Worldliness

What does it mean when God tells us to be Holy, and that without Holiness no one will see Him? That's a good question and one I think is one of the most important that we can talk about in the last days. If you Google the definition of Holy or Holiness, several sources have it as being,

"Sacred, pure, saintly, blessed, godliness, clean, sanctity..."

These are all possibly good definitions, but they don't really explain anything.



What I think God means is that we should do something on our part as an expression of our faith in Jesus. First off, let me say that we have nothing in us that is Holy outside of Jesus Christ. Nothing. The only reason we have anything good in us at all is because of Jesus. But, what we can do is offer our lives as a living sacrifice, undefiled and pure to Jesus. But, how do we bring purity to Jesus. Some ways that I have found are successful in doing this is full surrender. Surrendering your will, mind, heart, emotions, everything to Jesus to bring Him glory. Basically, being "All In". Another way is not being a "lover" of the world. The Bible tells us that when we love the world, we don't love God. God and His ways are the opposite of the world's. The world and it's desires are passing away, but those that do the will of God will live forever. So, I think that taking a personal inventory of worldliness in our own lives, and then making changes is another essential element in remaining pure and undefiled. So many of the movies that come out these days are actually defiling you and you don't even realize it. Some movies encourage us to live a loose lifestyle, while scary movies invoke the spirit of fear upon us (something demons feed on). I own a TV, but I don't really watch it ever. It just sits there unplugged. I know that by bringing that to life with cable and movies will keep me distracted from the work God has for me. I actually believe that one of the major things satan and his kingdom use against people in these last days is distraction. It seems like if he can get us distracted enough away from the things of God, then we will always be lukewarm and never realize our full potential, and never really get on fire for Jesus. You might remember in Revelation, where God hates lukewarmness enough to vomit people like that out of His mouth. That's not a good position for a believer to be in at the judgement throne. Another thing is music, which is ultimately why I ever even started this blog in the first place. I have a personal testimony about something I went through as a musician years ago that forever changed my views about music. To make it really short, I relapsed on drugs and when I started playing my guitar, I felt something enter inside of me and I began to play a song that I knew and listened to on cd many times, but never learned. The music just came to me and my fingers went to the right positions on the guitar neck. After that, I realized that demons do help people play and write music. Another story I have is one where I had been sober for a little while, and the only thing I changed was my music. I went from Christian music, to playing Alice in Chains unplugged. It wasn't long before I was using drugs again. Again, what I changed was music. Satan and his kingdom use music to entice people into a worldly lifestyle. Music is powerful, and something that should only be used for God's complete glory. We should get absolutely none of it. It all belongs to Jesus. I am sure there are many other ways to be holy and bring purity to Jesus that I haven't listed. What I am trying to do is engage people and find more ways that we can be set apart and holy, so if you have any suggestions, please comment. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment