I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father but by me. ~Jesus

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Finding Favour - Slip On By




I was driving and listening to the radio the other morning when this song came on, and when I heard it, I immediately liked it because it was more alternative than what you normally hear on mainstream radio. The lyrics are what also got to me. When I got home I ran a search for the band and after listening to the song a few times, it started to make me really think about opportunities that I might be missing in life. Opportunities that I take for granted like really making the most of the moments with my family, with Jesus, and people in general. The truth is, we don't have much time here. It is precious, and God only gives us so much of it. You could even think of time as being our most precious thing, because once it's spent, it's gone forever. At age 38, "Slip On By" really hit home because I can honestly look back and see plenty of missed opportunities, but it also leaves me inspired to try and put more effort into life; To have a better attitude. This song isn't just entertainment. It really is a call for us all to cherish every moment and not take any of it for granted. They way they deliver that message is just amazing. Great song! 

Band Page

No comments:

Post a Comment